Friday 14 June 2024

IN PRAISE OF THE KING

 

 

ALMA CHAPTER 26:

“I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full….. and I will rejoice in my God” (v 11)


  • ·        “Behold, how many thousands of our brethren has he loosed from the pains of hell….because of the power of his word….” (v 13)

There is nothing He cannot do…..


  • ·        “He has loosed our brethren from the chains of hell” (v 14)

There is nothing He cannot do….


  • ·        “Who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men?” (v 16)

There is nothing He cannot do….


  • ·        “Behold, he did not exercise his justice upon us, but in his great mercy hath brought us over that everlasting gulf of death and misery, even to the salvation of our souls.” (v 20)

There is nothing He cannot do….


  • ·        “Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.” (v 27)

There is nothing He cannot do…..


  • ·        “….this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation and my redemption from everlasting wo” (v 36)

There is nothing He cannot do…..


“He has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being…..his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy and my great thanksgiving, yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever.” (v 35,37)

 

You are the God of power and might,

You enliven my spirit;

You bring me to life.

You make of me what I alone could never be;

You light my way into eternity.


- CATHRYNE ALLEN 

(Art: Come and See by Tyler Anderson)

No comments:

Post a Comment