Monday, 20 July 2026

THE GATE KEEPER

 




“If there is an imagery upon which I would focus, it is two scriptures from the Book of Mormon. The one in which we are reminded that Jesus himself is the gate keeper and that ‘he employeth no servant there’ (2 Nephi 9:41).

“I will tell you….out of the conviction of my soul….what I think the major reason is (why he ‘employeth no servant there’), as contained in another Book of Mormon scripture which says He waits for you ‘with open arms’ (Mormon 6:17). That’s why He’s there!

“He waits for you with open arms. That imagery is too powerful to brush aside….It is imagery that should work itself into the very center core of one’s mind – a rendezvous impending, a moment in time and space, the likes of which there is none other. And that rendezvous is a reality. I certify that to you. He does wait for us with open arms, because His love for us is perfect.”

-          Neal A. Maxwell, But A Few Days, p 7

 

I have no life but this,

To know the scope of You.

I have no wish but this,

To feel that You want this too.

I have no life but this,

To know Thy approving glance;

To kneel at Thy feet,

To know there is a chance.

I have no life but this

To follow the path to Thy throne

To be greeted with a holy kiss,

And know the reality of such bliss.


- CATHRYNE ALLEN 




No comments:

Post a Comment