"I am perfectly satisfied that my Father and my God is a cheeful, pleasant, lively and good-natured Being. Why? Because I am cheerful, pleasant, lively, and good-natured when I have His Spirit. That is one reason why I know; and another is - the Lord said, through Joseph Smith, "I delight in a glad heart and a cheerful countenance." That arises from the perfection of His attributes; He is a jovial, lively person, and a beautiful man." (President Heber C. Kimball, Journal of Discourses 4:222)
"The plan of happiness, which is spoken about so often in the Church today, comes from a "Man of Happiness" as well as a "Man of Holiness". Our developing faith comes as we understand better the purpose of the scriptures, and that is to teach us the nature of a saved being, he who beckons us to become like him."
- Jerry A. Wilson, "The Great Plan of Happiness - Insights from the Lectures on Faith" p 37
How can I tell you
What my mortal lips cannot say?
How can I show you
What my mortal heart cannot hold?
All that I feel
And all that I am
I owe to you,
My God,
My Exemplar,
My all.
- Cathryne Allen

No comments:
Post a Comment