Wednesday 4 August 2021

FEAR NOT THE WORLD

 


For the past year and a half I have allowed the state of the world and its' future to trouble me; so much so that it has started to emotionally and physically affect me. This morning as I studied Isaiah chapter 54, a ray of sunshine broke in on my vision of the whole situation and gave me clearer understanding. The chapter deals with the promises the Lord has made to the House of Israel in the last days.
My heart ached with vibration of words I heard the Saviour speak:
"For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee...O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted.....In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.....whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.....no weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper..."
The dawning of truth that came to me is this: we do not need to fear the world, because we are not OF the world. We are altogether a separate entity. This chapter speaks a lot about the Lord's protection of us, who are His inheritance (Deuteronomy 32:9) and His favoured people above all the people of the earth (Deuteronomy 7:6). We might be scattered throughout the world and not be gathered into one country physically but we are spiritually gathered under the shadow of His wings. This is our heritage as His servants (Isaiah 54:17). This is our right and our promise. This is our life line wherein should lie our hope.
Fear not Israel, your God is with you......He has graven you on the palms of His hands......(Isaiah 49:16).

  • Cathryne Allen
(Art by Yongsung Kim)

No comments:

Post a Comment