Wednesday 17 July 2024

THE FINISH LINE

 


 

In my darkest moments, when I have thought I could not endure my life to the end, I was given assurance from above that the Great Eternal Father has made provision for my every moment of suffering, my every moment of weakness, my every occasion of loneliness and despair, my every failing. When in heavenly realm He planned for the earthly probation of His children, He understood so well that we would need heavenly help to lift us higher, to strengthen, to empower, to ensure our success. 

This provision, this redemptive power, comes through His grace and mercy in the most sacrificial way imaginable. It comes through the offering of His Son. It comes through the benevolence of the loving Father so that we can never say, “I can’t do this, I can never make it.” 

The very thought and utterance of such a declaration denies the power of the Atonement and the costly gift of Calvary.  I know that the death of Him who has given His all ensures my success in enduring to the end. I know He watches, and He cares and He waits to meet me at heaven’s gate.

You warned me there would be mountains to climb

But promised there would be resting spots along the way;

You warned me of the subtle pitfalls

And how deep and wide the waters I would wade.

But you promised me Your hand in mine

Every minute of the day

And that You would meet me at the finish line

When I had conquered all there was to pay.


- CATHRYNE ALLEN 

(Art: Well Done by Chris Brazelton)


No comments:

Post a Comment