Thursday 22 July 2021

GREAT ARE THE WORDS OF ISAIAH

 


How much You must love
Those who serve Thee to the end
Who speak the words of truth
And proclaim Thy holy name;
These are Thy prophets
Your everlasting friends
The strong, the noble
The devoted who hear and obey;
These are Thine angels who herald
Thy gospel and Thy name;
To the ends of the earth they speak
And their words forever remain

Who can ever discount the tenacity of Jeremiah who could not refrain from testifying despite his sufferings; the loneliness of John the Beloved who penned the greatest revelation whilst exiled on Patmos; the sorrowing for their people of Alma and Mormon; the sacrifices of the living prophets who serve in the Church full time and carry the responsibility of the world wide membership? These are the greats....and I admire them all but nothing renders my heart with tenderness and the Spirit like the world of Isaiah. Imagine being a writer. Now imagine being so good at it that the Saviour himself says 'great are your words' and that everyone should study them.
Not only was Isaiah a statesman, an amazing orator and an even greater poetic writer, he was a prophet of God who received inspiration and revelation for the things he wroter and testified of. Whether in his interaction with the kings of Judah he was the advisor to, or his prophecies, the spirit of revelation comes through. This morning I studied chapter 42 and was overcome with the understanding that came to me about the character of the Saviour; his power and humility intertwined in such a glorious personality that has until now been beyond my comprehension. It reduced me to tears. I could not only understand Him this morning but I could SEE Him through my heart. I testify of His glory and His greatness. And I thank Isaiah for being one of the greats.....
  • Cathryne Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment