Friday 27 March 2020

BE NOT AFRAID BUT BE GLAD



I have for many years now used the scriptures as God's private messages to me. Each morning after I pray I randomly open the scriptures whilst still kneeling to see what the Lord has to tell me in answer to my daily petitions. I have been amazed 99% of the time how pertinent the page that falls open has been to my heavenly communion. As my scriptures are heavily marked, my eye is usually drawn to those passages that obviously stand out. Sometimes it seems strange to me that I have marked certain scriptures years previously that seem random but they make sense when they become answers to my prayers. 

The page that my scriptures fell open to this morning was like a salve to my sagging spirits in this time of unrelenting sadness and fear that is gripping the world. The page my scriptures opened to was chapter 2 of Joel that speaks of war and desolation preceding the Second Coming. My highlighted scriptures were as follows:

" ...turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping and with mourning:
.....and rend your heart.....And repent, and turn unto the Lord your God; for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and HE WILL TURN AWAY THE EVIL FROM YOU......Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the Lord will do great things.......Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God...And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered......And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, AND NONE ELSE.....

May we rend our hearts in fasting tomorrow to the one true and living God whose arm is not shortened when petitioned for deliverance and may we be chastened by the world's upheavals to prepare ourselves for His coming when He shall bring peace, health, prosperity and joy to the pure in heart who seek Him and await His coming.

- Cathryne Allen



No comments:

Post a Comment